This is how you make it
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Finely chop all garlic, chili pepper and vegetables.
- Place a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables, along with the garlic and chili pepper. Fry on medium to high heat.
- When the vegetables have shrunk after about 5 minutes, add the jar of bumbu. Cook for another 3-5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce. Press the garlic. Place all four ingredients in a saucepan and stir until the sauce has the right consistency. Don't turn the heat up too high, as it will boil down quickly.
- Drain the rice and add to the vegetables. Stir well. Add the soy sauce and the bean sprouts, fry briefly over medium heat and turn off the heat.
- Put the fried rice on a plate. Pour the peanut sauce over the fried rice. Top with fried onions.
- Do you like spicy? Sambal really belongs to nasi, so add spiciness to taste!
Want to see how to make this nasi goreng in 30 seconds? Watch the nasi goreng cooking video here.