This is how you make it
- Crush the lemongrass stalks. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Grate the ginger. Finely chop the chili peppers. Press the garlic. Chop the onion as finely as possible.
- Place the coconut oil in a stockpot, along with the onion, ginger, chili pepper and garlic. Bake for 2 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for a further 1 minute. Deglaze with the water.
- Add the coconut milk, lime leaves and lemongrass. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Season with tamari. Taste and adjust to your own taste.
- Divide the soup among 3-4 bowls.
- Finish with bean sprouts and coriander.
- Do not eat the lime leaves.
- The lime leaves are wonderfully aromatic. Can't find lime leaves? Add a small splash of lime juice to the soup at last.