This is how you make it
- Make dashi by mixing the kombu and shiitake with 1 liter of cold water. Let it soak in the fridge for 8-20 hours.
- Remove the kombu from the dashi. You don't eat this. Cut the shiitake into small pieces.
- Chop the onion. Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion. Add the quinoa and cook for 1 minute.
- Then gradually add about 500 ml dashi, until the liquid is well absorbed and the quinoa is cooked. Add the shiitake in the last 2 minutes. In the meantime, keep stirring. This will take 12-15 minutes.
- Grate the ginger. Press the garlic. Mix this in a bowl with the hatcho miso, teriyaki (or tamari), ginger puree and 50 ml dashi. Add 2/3 of this mixture to the quinoa and stir.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in another large pan and cook the kale along with the rest of the miso mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- Toast the seeds in a pan until fragrant.
- Serve the plates with the quinoa risotto and finish with the miso kale and toasted seeds.
- Use the rest of the dashi as stock in a (miso) soup!