This is how you make it
- Put the loose tea in a sieve.
- Put the water and the tea strainer in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and then remove the strainer from the water.
- Dissolve the kuzu in a bowl with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Grab a whisk and add the kuzu porridge to the tea while stirring.
- Finally, add the ume paste.
- Pour into a glass and drink warm or allow to cool with occasional stirring.
- Not so fond of the salty taste of ume? Try it with strips of fresh ginger and possibly. a tablespoon of maple syrup!