This is how you make it
- Coarsely grate the carrot or cut julienne. You can of course also have this done by your food processor! Place the grated carrot in the pickle press.
- Mix the salt and the carrots with your hands.
- Cut the ginger very finely or grate it with the ginger grater.
- Mortar the mustard seeds, for example in our Japanese suribachi.)
- Then add the mirin, mustard seeds and ginger and mix well.
- Put this in the pickle press and let it pick for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- Taste if it is to your taste. If necessary, let it pickle for another hour.
- Drain the liquid well.
- Garnish the carrot with black sesame seeds if you like.
- Delicious in a poke bowl, seaweed salad, homemade sushi roll or as a side dish with noodles or rice.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.